Insurance Case StudyClient Case Study
Sponsor: VP, Data Management & AnalysisBUSINESS CHALLENGE
The Data Management & Analysis department had a good enterprise reporting solution but needed more.
- Ability to monitor employee performance on both an individual and team level in comparison to strategic objectives set by the organization
- Better insight into what factors were affecting their operational costs
The project used a collaborative approach enabling the client to be self-supportive once the initial system was built and implemented.
- Training on business processes, including analyzing business drivers, key performance indicators (KPIs), and dynamic analysis capabilities
- Training on Business Objects (the business intelligence (BI) platform chosen to support the project)
- Development using iterative cycles to provide shorter time-to-market and ensuring all business requirements were being met
- Dashboard creation with deep drill-down capabilities
The final solution included a robust dashboard that provided graphical and analytical displays of various KPIs that supported the business team, including the Chief Administration Officer.
- Better understanding of performance
- Effect on corporate goals
- Decision making based on analysis to meet the organizational goals, increasing profitability.